What a week for the Nashville Predators. Last Saturday, Feb. 18th started the toughest stretch of the season for Nashville. They had 6 games in 8 days. They also would play 4 of the top 8 teams in the league, including the top 3 teams at the time. All this coming out of the bye week. As fans, we were hoping they could just survive this week and somehow go split the 6 games. Instead the Predators thrived, finishing the stretch 4-1-1.
Let’s take a look at the week that was.
- The bye week, as it has for many, really affected the Predators play in the first game back. They looked flat for much of the 5-2 loss to Minnesota.
- The team now has points in 5 straight games and has won their last 3 games.
- The stars of this team showed up this week. In these 6 games, Forsberg had 8g, 3a; Johansen 0g, 7a; Arvidsson 4g, 2a; Neal 1g, 6a; Ellis 2g, 3a; Josi 2g, 6a; Subban 1g, 7a.
- Playoff Colin Wilson made a return. Wilson scored 3g, 2a this week.
- Filip Forsberg is on fire! 4 game goal streak, 4 straight multiple point games and 2 hat tricks.
- Pekka is struggling right now. He has given up 4 goals in 3 of his last 4 starts. In those 4 starts his goals against is 4.10 and his save percentage is .858.
- The top line of Forsberg, Johansen and Arvidsson really look like they are coming together. They have been the driving force in these last 3 games.
- Austin Watson was rewarded? Or was James Neal being sent a message? The last 2 games, Neal has been playing on the fourth line and Watson has been in his spot with Calle Jarnkrok and Colin Wilson. Peter Laviolette says this was to reward Watson, but I am not so sure.
- P.K. Subban and Roman Josi finally look like they are back to 100% from their injuries. Both had 8 points last week.
- Jusse Saros continues to impress. He won both his starts this week, beating Columbus 4-3 and Washington 5-2.
- Don’t look now but Viktor Arvidsson has the same amount of goals (9) in February that Forsberg has.
Next week Nashville starts on the road. They head to Buffalo on Tuesday, the 29th , 6pm CT start time. Then they travel up to Montreal on Thursday, the 2nd, 6:30pm CT start time. Then they return home on Saturday, the 4th to face Chicago, 7pm CT start time.
Follow me on twitter at danieljones@dj_puckplanet
Feature image photo by Frederick Breedon/Getty Images